Begin your child’s education with us!
Professional Preschool Teacher
- Mrs. Andrews is a current state certified elementary teacher who has a specialized endorsement in early child-hood education.
Mrs. Andrews has twelve years of experience teaching Kindergarten and Preschool.
Mrs. Andrews is a member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children and regularly at-tends their conferences to keep current on child development research and develop-mentally appropriate practices.
Professional Preschool Curriculum
- UVC Preschool uses A Beka phonics curriculum. Students learn how to write upper and lower case letters, phonemic awareness, and to sound out short vowel words in preparation for reading in our Kindergarten.
- UVC Preschool uses Bob Jones math curriculum which teaches preschool students attributes, pat-terns, numbers 1 through 20, more than/less than, place value, graphs, measurement and addition.
- UVC Preschool voluntarily meets state preschool standards in other academic subjects with Mrs. Andrews’s unique curriculum which is based on a two year, semi-chronological study of the Bible. The corresponding monthly units con-nect the biblical concepts with the children’s everyday life translating the Bible into meaningful experiences young minds can understand.
- Professional Preschool Facility
- UVC Preschool is located on the campus of a contemporary Christian elemen-tary school. The preschool students enjoy the use of the school’s well equipped playground which includes a large covered play area and soccer field.
- The preschool students enjoy the fellowship of being included in a multi-age Christian community when they sing in chapel, eat in the lunchroom and per-form in the school’s seasonal musical pro-grams with the other elementary students.
- Families enjoy the wonderful benefit of de-veloping caring relationships in a profession-ally accredited, well-supported, Christian school community.